Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Amsterdam

After Liz, Bridgett, and Diane left on Saturday, Brian and I decided it was time for us to start traveling more. We jumped on a train to Amsterdam and 3 hours later, we were exploring a new city. Since this was such a random trip, we didn't really research much of the city before arriving. I visited Amsterdam about 4 years ago, so Brian was definitely looking to me for directions. As many of you may know, my memory is not so great.... we got a little lost, but still were able to make it a great trip.

On our first night, we walked around the city, enjoyed the local cuisine, and checked out the Red Light District. The Red Light District made me pretty uncomfortable and feel really sorry for the girls...but I did find out that they are unionized if you can believe that!

On Sunday, Brian and I first wondered over to the Van Gough Museum. The line was really long so Brian decided we'd have to wait until our next trip. We did make it to the Anne Frank House, which is a great Museum! Since we didn't really know where all of the sights were, we decided to take a boat tour around the city. This was a great way to see the city and all of the sights!

1 comment:

lisa said...

how fun! I'm totally jealous.