Monday, September 8, 2008

Bonn



We arrived in Bonn last week. It's been quite an adventure. We are yet to move into our apartment, so we've been living in a hotel for about a week. We're suppose to have it this weekend, so I'm very excited to say the least. For the last week, we've been trying to explore the city. I love walking by the Rhine and window shopping in the city center. It's very peaceful by the river. There are long bike and walking paths that run the length of the river with lots of benches and grassy areas to sit and read.

We've also been able to experience a bit of the night life. Beer seems to be a way of life here, but it's definitely not the Miller Light I'm used to. It's definitely good beer and of course, I really like it... :) The bars have been fun, but I'm still waiting for the shout out to "hefeweizen" from Brian.

I interviewd in Cologne on Monday. That was an experience. I was very lost in the city for about an hour. Thank goodness for cell phones, I was able to call Brian and he googled my destination. I made it there just in time with a few minutes to spare! I got the job, but I'm not sure of all the details yet. I'm talking with the manager today to hear more about the position and details. I'm not sure if I want to commute that far, but it depends on what the offer is.

I miss everyone back home, especially talking to my family everyday. My mom was right...I definitely miss hearing her voice 5 times a day!

1 comment:

Stephanie A. said...

Hi Krissy, I love your blog - I have to learn how to be a blogger; you and Nick make it look so easy!! I'm glad to hear that you and Brian are settling into Bonn. We talk and think about you often!! I will be checking your blog often and I will pass the info on to mom and dad so they can check on you two also! We love you both, be safe and have fun! Steph