Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mallersdorf

We arrived in Mallersdorf last night around midnight. Brian will be traveling all week to 2 different plants and I decided to go with him. I was warned that this city was very remote, but I think I completely underestimated what "remote" means. The picture above actually captures the entire city.

Since it was dark when we got to our hotel last night, I wasn't sure what to expect within the city. We're staying at a small Bed and Breakfast in the town. After Brian, Brad, and Nick left for work this morning, I slowly woke up, got ready for the day, and went downstairs. I assumed I could get breakfast, but it turned out I missed it. I went out in search of Breakfast or coffee, but quickly realized it only took me about 3 minutes to walk through the entire town and not a single restaurant or store...haha!

Brian forgot to mention there would be 2 of us staying in a room, so we ended up with a single bed last night. Since the reception was closed (our room keys were sitting on a table), we decided we'd try and change in the morning. So this morning, Brian requested to move to a double room. After I went down to get our new keys, I found out she put us into the biggest room! It's really nice, with a couch, large bathroom, and queen bed! I love it - it's definitely country Germany at it's best. The owner realized I didn't make it to breakfast and made me breakfast and even invited me to eat lunch with her family! Talk about hospitality!

Well, tomorrow night we're off to the Czech Republic to another plant...it should be an interesting road trip!

No comments: