Monday, October 27, 2008

Cologne

Last week wasn't too exciting, but we still managed to have some fun. My babysitting job started and it kept me very busy. My schedule is supposed to start at 2:30 and I pick the 5 year old and 10 month old up at school/daycare. Then we spend about 4 hours at the house before I'm picked up and dropped off around 6:30. This is a very appealing schedule. I have all morning to get things done around the apartment, make it to the gym and to the market all before I start watching the kids. Unfortunately, last week Sam was off from school and I was watching her for 10 hours a day. It made for a very long week.... I'm starting to get used to babysitting though. It's pretty funny to think about because I haven't actually been paid for babysitting since Luke and Jenn (my cousins) were little - kind of funny that I'm now getting paid for it, 10 years or so later. :)

On Friday night, the other TLP, Brad, had a friend come into town. We decided to go out in Cologne. This is a much bigger city than Bonn and has a lot more to do. It's only about a 25 minute train ride. We had a great time out and were even able to sing karaoke (in English).

The picture above is of the Dom (huge Cathedral) in Cologne. Construction of this church began in 1248 and took, with interruptions, until 1880 to complete – a period of over six hundred years! It's such a beautiful Cathedral. Here's a picture of the interior. I didn't take very many pictures so it doesn't really do it justice, but it should give you an idea of what it's like inside.

This week should be far more eventful. Lacy arrives TOMORROW! I'm so excited to have her here for 2 weeks. Randy will also be here on November 7th! For Halloween, a group of 7 (Me, Brian, Lacy, Brad, Nick, Daniel, and Gabby) will be going to Amsterdam. I'm not sure what we're dressing up as, but I'm super excited. This is going to be such a fun couple of weeks.

2 comments:

jacinta25 said...

hope all is well and i sure miss
you two.

love mom

jacinta25 said...

please check out my blog