Monday, February 2, 2009

Rome

Brian and I returned back to Bonn yesterday after spending a perfect weekend in Rome, Italy. We had the most amazing time and were able to see almost everything! The picture above is of us in front of the Roman Coliseum. We also toured the Forums, Palatine Hill, The Vatican, Sistine Chapel, and so much more.

Here's a picture of the Sistine Chapel. It's "forbidden" to take pictures inside the Chapel and believe me did I get yelled at....but here's a shot we still managed to get of the ceiling. The artwork is unbelievable! I actually pictured the chapel being a little more impressive or maybe bigger, but it was unreal to imagine one person painting the entire room!

We were also able to drink some wonderful red wine and eat like kings and queens! The food was great and we loved it! Brian convinced me to stay in a hostel and while I was a little hesitant (I've stayed in some pretty BAD hostels!), it actually turned out to be really nice. Our room was clean and had a lot of charming details.

This week should go by fast. It's my last week of class and my big test is on Thursday! Brian will be in Northern Germany Tuesday and Wednesday for work and we leave Friday for Prague!

2 comments:

jacinta25 said...

can't wait to see all your pic's
from your trip

Unknown said...

So excited!!!