Monday, February 9, 2009

Prague

Brian and I spent last weekend in Prague, Czech Republic. We really enjoyed a new city and culture. I was a little nervous about our hotel since it was only 50USD per night and when we arrived they had to move us to a different hotel since they didn't have heat, but we were put into a 4 star hotel just down the street. The hotel was great and even had heated tiled floors!

I had been told by many people that Prague was their favorite European city, but until experiencing it, I didn't understand why. It's a lot different than I imagined! The architecture is unique and a little different than Germany. We loved the castle, especially the golden lane (picture below) and Charles Bridge. We also loved the old town hall tower and clock!

The tourist attractions were great, but I never expected the town squares, shopping, and dining. Prague is known for it's glass and Marionettes and Puppets. There is a large shopping area which not only has everything you could ever want to buy, but also great for people watching! The food was also great. It was similar to the German cuisine, but with more sauces and dumplings. Overall, Prague was amazing and would recommend it to anyone...but maybe in the summer since it was really cold! We have a pretty slow week, but leave Friday for Barcelona. This will be our last trip before leaving on the 28th!

2 comments:

jacinta25 said...

sounds very nice and sounds like
the upgrade was very nice.we I was
there.

Unknown said...

Prague was an amazing time! I can't wait for our next trip in Barcelona! Love you so much!