Monday, December 1, 2008

Athens, Greece

Brian and I spent the last 3 days in Athens, Greece. This was such an amazing experience. Athens is so much different than any of the other places I've been. It has so much history and different places to see. It seemed liked every minute we stumbled on another adventure.

After arriving on Friday night, we found our way to our hotel. The hotel we stayed at was very interesting and quite funky. The reception desks were old VW beetles and there was a monkey hanging in the hall. Our room came complete with a tiger skin blanket on the bed. It was a really fun place to stay. Our balcony overlooked a beautiful plaza.

The next morning, Brian and I were able to tour the Acropolis to see the Parthenon. It rained the entire day, but we were still able to get to the top and see everything. The only positive thing about all of the rain was the lack of tourists.

After a long day of sight-seeing and being soaking wet from head to toe, we decided to eat at a traditional Greek restaurant with a very warm fire place. The food was great! We were also able to experience a little night life as well. We didn't stay out too late because we knew we'd have to be rested for Sunday and our tour of the Aegina island. We were able to see a lot of different areas of the island while we were there. We took a horse and carriage ride and also rented a four wheeler. The weather was great, 70 and sunny. Before we left the island, we watched a beautiful sunset over the Aegean Sea. I really loved Greece and didn't want to leave!

We made it back to Bonn around 2pm today. Brian had to go into work and I had to pick up my text books for German class that starts tomorrow. I have it Monday - Friday from 9-12. It is going to be very intense, but I'm glad I'll be able to learn a little bit of the language while I'm here! Brian leaves tomorrow morning for a 3 day business trip to northern Germany. I should keep really busy between my classes and babysitting.

No comments: